Sunday, June 5, 2011

Mango Sticky Rice ข้าวเหนียวมะม่วง

I love Mango
 I love glutinous rice
  I love coconut cream
   I love the combination of these 3 things!
Mango Sticky Rice ข้าวเหนียวมะม่วง



I tried making this lovely dessert at home since I just could not get over the yummy-licious-ness of this favorite Thai dessert!
I checked over the net for sticky rice recipe and found that it wasn't that difficult to make - steam the glutinous rice, make the coconut sauce and just slice up the mango to serve…
I tried and it turn out quite OK, just a little short on the rice ~ the rice needs to be steamed a wee bit longer for a softer texture. The coconut cream was a bit salt-ish ~ I reduced the amount of sugar and hence the salt slightly over powered the sweetness of the coconut cream…
I bought some Thai mango from the supermarket but it just wasn't the full thick flesh, juicy super sweet mango that I had in Bangkok!
So, verdict? It was nice but it could be better once I get the steam time and taste right with the right type of mango…
Ok lah, I was quite satisfied with my home made sticky rice and store bought mango!

No comments:

Post a Comment